Competition 22-45 Relief Worker (Union position) - All Districts
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
This is an exciting time to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services!
Employment Opportunity – (4) Relief Worker
(Union position) All Districts
Competition #: 22-45
Location: 2 weeks in Hearst/Constance Lake First Nation and 2 weeks out in regular district
Job type: Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Salary: Starting at $70,331 per annum
What you’ll do in the role
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other emergency service providers, i.e.. community prevention, community crisis and first response, police, Women's Shelter, and other protection agencies.
· Display respect and consideration when dealing with clients, foster and parents, other service providers and the public.
· Complete the forms and reports as required, associated with the information systems as requested by the Program Supervisor e.g., Internal / External Record Check
· Ensures confidentiality and safeguarding of all agency and client records.
· Perform intake, assessment and investigation duties including receiving referrals, screening referrals to determine jurisdiction, and, that there are reasonable and probable grounds to initiate investigation (based on the eligibility spectrum); refer caller to more appropriate service providers, when appropriate; intervene when it is determined children are, or may be, at risk of harm (based on safety assessment) to ensure child's safety and well-being.
· Provide or arrange for emergency services such as bringing children to a place of safety; the provision of in-home support; emergency financial assistance.
· Advise the supervisor immediately of serious occurrences or other case situations.
· Seek supervisory involvement and approval on all decision or actions before an action or decision is made e.g., Record of Service signed off by immediate Supervisor.
· Ensure all documents are complete and ready for next business day e.g., Supervisor consult notes are included which are entered into Frontline by Central Intake
· Other duties as assigned.
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
· Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments
· KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages and a safe working environment.
· Training opportunities to support your success in the role
· A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
· Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
· Competitive vacation leaves
What you bring to the table
· Adhere to the legislative requirements of the CYFSA Standards and Guidelines, Agency policies and procedures, and the Ontario Risk Assessment Model.
· Complete all case documentation, legal papers, and special reports within the required time frames.
· Completes all requisite data entry documentation including statistical reports as required.
· Provides support to the members of the service team during the placement process and assists in the preparation of required documents.
· Participate in in-house training and attend seminars, workshops, and courses, as available.
· Supports the Team in preparing for annual reviews, quarterly reports, and planning.
Please note that travel, accommodations, and meals will be paid for this position when based out of Hearst/Constance Lake First Nation
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: HR@kunuwanimano.com, or by fax to 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.