Contract • Other Region
Under the supervision of the Public Works Director, the By-Law coordinator will be responsible for the organization and creation of the Timiskaming First Nation By-Laws to be submitted to the By-Law Committee. This position will coordinate with other Directors in order to produce By-Laws for TFN. The By-Law coordinator should understand federally regulated agencies in order to review, edit and amend the by-laws.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelors Degree in a related field.
• Experience in a legal field
• Minimum of 1-year Financial experience such as organizing and maintaining a budget
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Intelligent, strategic thinker with proven ability to achieve objectives
• Knowledge and experience in organizational theory, and development.
• Knowledge of First Nations and First Nations territory
• Computer Skills (Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet)
• Must be bilingual, English/French with knowledge of the Algonquin language would be an asset
• Computer skills a must (Excel sheets and word programs)
• Accounting and administrative skills would be an asset
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must be able to respect and support policies and directives of the program
• Be self-directing and able to make decisions
• Creation and maintenance of budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIILITIES:
• Verify and harmonize information.
• Coordinate with the TFN legal team to implement and amend by-laws before submitting by-laws to the committee
• Create and edit by laws for but not limited to:
• Create a strategic plan to develop and implement by-laws for the following year.
• Securing of funding for the enforcement (Salary, equipment) and training of the enforcement officer.
• Submit, organize and maintain budgets
• Office environment
• Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 12:15pm 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm, Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
• Overtime may be required in order to meet deadlines and complete projects
• Criminal Background Check
• 2 references