Automotive Service Mechanic/Confidential Employer/Kirkland Lake, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
The Licensed Automotive Technician works in a fast-paced auto service environment, providing superior expertise to customers and the automotive team in automotive systems, diagnostics and repairs. Communication skills are essential to succeed in this position. The Licensed Automotive Technician builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation
- Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Performs accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics and repairs.
- Performs daily bay inspections in order to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness.
- Instructs monitors and verifies work completed by apprentices. Shares skill set and knowledge with staff members.
- Estimates cost and time for service and repair needs on the customer’s vehicle
- Completes and reviews repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with customers and/or service advisors.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Remains current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
- Performs road tests in compliance with store policy.
- Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks as required
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid mechanic’s license and driver’s licence for province of employment.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
Confidential Employer c/o Employment Options Emploi
In Person; Northern College-140 Government Rd East