Administrative Support Officer (23-57)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Support Officer (23-57)
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
STATUS: Full Time
STAGE: Internal/ External
STARTING SALARY: $ 28.56
SALARY RANGE: $ 28.56 to $ 33.11 (Payband F)
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hrs/wk
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: January 1st 2024
Northern College is seeking an Administrative Support Officer in our Community & Business Development division. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills, will be able to adapt to change, and is proficient with computer software including Word, Excel, MIS, and databases.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Director of Community and Partner Relationships the successful candidate will be responsible for administrative support services for the Community and Business Development Division and its departments, including the Northern Training Division to assist with effective operations and partnerships in the economic and social development of communities.
What you will be doing:
- Facilitate communication between departmental staff and external stakeholders such as provincial and municipal governments, Employment Services, Indigenous communities, Chambers of Commerce and provides confidential services in support of the development and delivery of projects and community and industry partnerships;
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure the flow of documentation of projects, partnerships and tasks by creating and managing correspondence, scheduling meetings, generating and distributing documents and reports as well as tracking and coordinating information.
- Distribute, maintain and develop departmental/divisional materials, policies, schedules, logs, files, and reports as well as employee assignments.
- Coordinate and expedite the work schedule of the Executive Director, organizes meetings, travel plans and coordinates special events.
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- Two-year Office Administration Diploma or equivalent; and
- Three (3) years of related office experience; preferably supporting an executive position.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/