Administrative Assistant - Legal Aid Department
Full-Time • Other Region
The Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation provides legal, paralegal, and law-related services including public legal education to the members of the First Nations of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation (NAN). The Corporation also functions as an Area Office of Legal Aid Ontario (LAO).
The Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is presently recruiting for a full-time position in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The administrative assistant will be responsible to providing administrative support to the Manager of Legal Service and Legal Aid Team.
• Education or training in Office Administration
• Completion of Secondary School Diploma
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Ability to work with different communication platforms such as Zoom, Teams, Teleconferences
• Performs regular clerical duties such as typing correspondence, maintaining a filing system, answering calls and other tasks as directed
• Experience in coordinating schedules, meetings, travel etc
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information
• Experience working with Nishnawbe-Aski Nation communities
• Ability to speak Ojibwa, Oji-Cree or Cree is considered an asset
Location: Thunder Bay
Salary: Salary plus benefits commensurate with experience
Closing Date: August 4, 2021
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
1805 Arthur St E, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6
Tel: 1-800-465-5581 Fax: 807-622-3024
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.nanlegal.on.ca