Casual • Timmins Region
The accountant/ bookkeeper is highly organized individual who manages the accounting tasks for Victim Services, including all bookkeeping and payroll. The accountant will work closely with the Executive Director ensure the smooth financial operations of the organization.
Anticipated start date: October 15th, 2019
Location: Timmins, ON
Hours: 10-20 hours per month?
Wage: Based on experience
· All accounting and bookkeeping functions, including familiarity and experience with Simply Accounting software or equivalent
· Create and reconcile all filings/payments as required by CRA.
· Create and reconcile all additional mandated external reports.
· Create and reconcile monthly bank statements to accounting records
· Create and prepare accurate Annual Financial Statements.
· All payroll functions including managing staff timesheets.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly budget reports as needed
· Track invoices to accounts, paying bills and invoices
· Maintain file system for all accounting documents
· Be available to staff /board to help problem solve and coach through financial issues
· Working with Executive director to ensure that reporting is up to date and accurate.
· In depth understanding of the financial challenges of running a small not-for-profit organization.
· Experience and ability to design efficient accounting systems to match non-profits needs.
· University degree or Accounting Diploma with minimum 1-year full cycle accounting experience
· Fluency with Sage Accounting System
· 2 or more years experience working in non-profit sector
· Highly efficient
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize tasks with little guidance and time required
by end of day September 27th, 2019 with a cover letter and resume to