21-84 Medical Receptionist (x2 Vacancies)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: 21-84 Medical Receptionist (x2 Vacancies)
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband C
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $22.46/hr to $26.10/hr (35 hrs/week)
STARTING SALARY: $ 22.46/hr
CLOSING DATE: December 2nd, 2021
DIVISION: East End Family Health Team
COMPETITION #: 21-84
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Administrative Lead, East End Family Health Team the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support services to the Core Team members, consulting medical professionals and referral agencies for the East End Family Health Team (EEFHT) medical clinic. The successful incumbent will:
- Liaises with Community Health Agencies, Institutions and Outside Services for the East End Family Health Team;
- Ensure the smooth operation of the EEFHT clinic office and reception area by exercising organizational and administrative skills;
- Provides receptionist duties for the clinic;
- Maintains medical records (both hard copy and electronic);
- Establish and maintain appropriate, medical filing systems and information to facilitate the retrieval and processing of confidential client information/documentation; and
- Prepare treatment and examination rooms for patients.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- 1-year certificate in Office Administration or equivalent. A post-secondary qualification in Health Sciences is considered an asset (i.e., Personal Support Worker , Registered Practical Nurse, etc.);
- Minimum of one-year office work experience related to administrative duties, working with medical software packages and computers. (preferably within a medical office.);
- Medical Terminology course or equivalent is required;
- Excellent organization and time management skills; and
- Excellent customer service skills.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered for internal applicants.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered