2024-008 Regional Crisis Intervention Traditional Counsellor
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
POSITION: Regional Crisis Intervention Traditional Counsellor
COMPETITION #: 2024-008
LOCATION: Moose Factory
CLOSING DATE: February 26, 2024
The Regional Crisis Intervention Traditional Counsellor (RCTC) shall work under the supervision of the Mental Wellness Coordinator and shall be a recognized “knowledge keeper” in the communities, Cree speaking, provide cultural teachings, and traditional workshops, knowledge of the land and traditional practices, assist to deliver land-based activities, work with internal/external service providers and cultural service providers, provide cultural awareness workshops, work within schools with staff and students.
This position also requires case management, debriefing, as well as assisting communities to develop and implement coordination of initiatives between local services.
- Post-secondary education in Health or Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Experience working with Mushkegowuk communities
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to facilitate presentations and group workshops.
- High level team-building skills and positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated ability to provide one-to-one and group support to clients and families.
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills.
- Proven organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and familiar with PHIPA and other applicable legislation.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Cree Language is an asset
- Ontario Class “G” driver’s license
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
ü Health and Dental Benefits
ü Employee and Family Assistance Program
ü Matched Pension Contributions
ü Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses, quoting Competition#2024-008no later than 4:00 PM on February 26, 2024 to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: [email protected] or faxed to 705-658-2293
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.